- test bed
- nouna place equipped with instruments for testing (e.g. engines or machinery or computer programs etc.) under working conditions
* * *test bed noun1. An iron framework on which a machine is placed for testing2. Anything with a similar purpose (also figurative)• • •Main Entry: ↑test
* * *a place or a piece of equipment used for testing a machineThesaurus: equipment used in scientific researchhyponym
* * *test bed,1. a base to hold equipment for testing: »
the difficulties…uncovered by operating experience with prototype reactors in ground test beds (Scientific American).2. an aircraft or rocket to test engines.
* * *n. a piece of equipment used for testing new machinery, esp. aircraft engines
* * *ˈtest bed 7 [test bed test beds] nouna piece of equipment used for testing new machinery, especially aircraft engines: (figurative)
The country is an ideal test bed for emerging technologies.
Useful english dictionary. 2012.